Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Book Review: Soul Retribution by H.B. Salzer

Soul Retribution



Author: H.B. Salzer
Paperback: 200 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (March 21, 2012)

Note: I received a review copy of this book free from the author, H.B. Salzer. The review posted below is based on my personal thoughts while reading the book.

Ratings: ★ ★ ★ ★


My thoughts: 

Toni and Amanda have gifts. Both mother and daughter get visions about people's death even before it happens and they use it to help people. Due to financial problems, Toni agrees to do something evil for money. Adam wants to have a good life so he asks Toni to deal with the devil, his soul in exchange for a wealthy life. Problem is, the devil takes Toni's soul instead of Adam's. Now, Amanda wants revenge for her mother so she seeks the man responsible for her misery.

I read this book in less than five hours. The story flowed nicely, liked the mystery and twists.      The characters are believable and situations are realistic. I can deeply relate to Amanda, the main character of the story. I feel her pain when her mother died. On the other hand, Adam's character is also likable. He wants to have a wealthy life not because he's that greedy to want it, but he did it for his family. The author clearly has talent in weaving a mystery story though one thing I note, the writing style is very basic, straight and simple. Of course, I would always prefer this over those books I have read in the past with complex writing style. I know I'm not a writer but I'm just saying if this book is the author's first, she could improve over time.


About the book:

Driven by the untimely death of her mother, Amanda is compelled to seek out Adam, the man responsible for deceiving her mother during a spell gone awry, and sacrifice his soul to save her mother’s. Soul Retribution takes you through Amanda’s journey as she struggles to execute her plan, despite her conflicting emotions, and give her mother the serene eternity she deserves.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails