Renewal “Anytime” 10 Day Detox
by Lisa Consiglio Ryan
Publisher: Lisa Consiglio Ryan
Lose weight, energize, and glow with over 50 recipes and complete 10 day detox plan. This whole foods cleanse includes detailed menu plan, shopping list, and bonus recipes to make after your cleanse. Renewal "Anytime" also includes pre-detox plan, daily instructions, FAQ's, and post-detox next steps.
Are you ready to get your detox on? I have so many exciting things in store for you. If you need a quick pick-me-up after vacation or a binge weekend, Renewal “Anytime” is a perfect body reboot. You can also use this detox if you need to look and feel good fast for a wedding, reunion, or big event. Before you embark on your detox journey, I want to talk about the word BALANCE. Ahhhh, balance.
You are told to strive for balance in your life. In my opinion, that’s pretty difficult to accomplish. As humans, we have so many outside sources that can get us out of whack with life. New job, moving, marriage, trips, environmental toxins… Since you can’t control every single thing in your life, you can, however, control what you put into our body and how you deal with stress.
That’s why I developed Renewal “Anytime” 10 Day Detox. Think of this plan as a clean living jumpstart. You will start with eating clean, whole foods. You will also incorporate exercise, breathing, and even dry brushing and massage. So let’s call it a re-balance. This is something you can do when you start to feel “off”, overwhelmed or even heavy and tired. Our bodies do, however, strive for balance to keep us in optimum health; physically, mentally, emotionally, within seasons, nature, and even with each other.
Physically, your blood needs to be at a pH level of 7.365. Did you ever hear of acidity and alkaline? Maybe in a biology class way back? I don’t want to go into a science lesson, but instead, I want to point out something extremely important; your body loves you. Your body works hard to keep you alive. When we become acidic over time due to consuming a lot of caffeine, sugar and processed foods, being exposed to environmental toxins like pesticides, and most of all stress, this leads to inflammation.
Inflammation leads to chronic disease.
Not good. We don’t want any of that. So doing a gentle cleanse is a great way to re-balance by pumping the alkaline foods such as dark leafy greens, veggies and fruits and taking some “me” time.
Managing stress is also a way to help the body re-balance. Try yoga, meditation, or breathing. While eating lunch, try sitting still for 5 minutes without the TV on, texting, or reading a magazine. Your body is striving for balance so make sure to participate in activities that are relaxing and soulful; alkaline activities.
While your body is working to keep you healthy, make sure to get a re-balance once in awhile to help her out. Take out this plan after your cleanse; use the recipes, tips and give your body a reboot each season or when you need a healthy jumpstart. Remember that having perfect balance isn’t really doable, but you can get pretty darn close by following the steps in this plan.
I’m so excited to be on this wellness journey with you. Have an amazing detox experience and keep in mind this is not about perfection but about getting a chance to RE-BALANCE.
Pre- Cleansing Instructions
Here’s your action plan for a successful detox:
1. Set a goal or intention. Before you begin your detox, write down a few things you hope to achieve during your 10 days. You can reference your goals when your enthusiasm occasionally dips.
2. Prepare your loved ones. Your family, friends, even coworkers (especially those you eat meals with) should know how important the detox is to you. Ask for their support.
3. Invite a friend to join in on the fun. Even the most motivated person can derail without support. Doing the detox with a partner means you can encourage each other, trade meals, or even chat about daily progress. It’s nice to have someone to commiserate with when you miss that chocolate!
4. Start weaning off the following:
* Processed foods
* Processed foods
First, start weaning with caffeine and sugar. They are drugs I tell you! Plus your first few days of detox will be extremely difficult if you don’t start weaning at least 2-3 days beforehand.
For caffeine, limit your use. For example, if you drink 3 Diet Cokes a day; try for 1 and replace with water or an herbal tea. If you drink 4 cups of coffee, just drink 2, then half caf/half decaf.
For sugar, limit processed foods as much as possible. Artificial and added sugars hide out in boxed and bagged products. Also, try using natural sweeteners like stevia or raw honey until your detox starts.
Next, limit any processed foods, gluten, soy, dairy and alcohol during the pre-cleansing process. That way you can ease into your detox without shocking your system.
5. Clean out your fridge. Get rid of any old produce, leftovers, and any foods that don’t fit into the detox plan. Make room for all the gorgeous veggies, fruits and greens. I promise when you open up the door, you will see beauty!
6. Check your detox shopping list and look in your pantry for items you already have on hand. Make sure you have these basics:
* filtered water
* fresh lemons (for morning water especially)
* extra virgin olive oil
* raw apple cider vinegar ( I use this daily…fights any illness I swear!)
* sea salt- preferably Celtic
* organic pepper
* an assortment of fresh herbs
* spices (to jazz up any grain or veggie)
6. Get yourself a detox prezzie. Invest in something that will make your 10 days more comfortable and fun. I bought a pretty bowl for my salads and a gorgeous crystal-looking glass for my juices. What about a cool travel lunch bag or cooler to tote around all your detox goodies? Funky placemats to use for your meals? How can you feel special during these 10 days? This is the most important step…ready?
7. Please use these 10 days to take care of YOU. Tell your family and friends that you are taking time for yourself so that they know to either help out with meals or give you some alone time at night. Make sure to limit stress as much as possible. Also, your food is so connected to your thoughts. Cherish each bite and take time to breathe and be still. This is a time of connection: your body, mind, and spirit.
I’m so happy to be cleansing with you!
Renewal “Anytime” Detox...How It Works
Renewal “Anytime” Detox is for 10 days…10 days of discovering new things about your body. How glorious!
Here’s how it works:
1. Read this entire book, cover to cover, before you head to the grocery store.
2. Check your pantry. Do you have leftover quinoa or a spices that can be used for the cleanse? Don’t go and buy extra items. Stick to the list, especially if you have a budget. You might have some of the ingredients hanging out in your cupboard or fridge.
*Most items can be found at a natural food store. Just ask anyone in the produce section or bulk section for items you are looking for. Don’t take a lot of time searching for items. Ask for help.
*I like to buy my grains like quinoa in the bulk section of the grocery store; saves me a little cash plus I can get the right amount I need for a recipe.
3. Make sure to follow the Daily Practices such as breathing and dry brushing so you have an overall holistic experience with your detox.
4. Journal during your cleanse to jot down feelings, observations, etc… This is a nice way to get to know your body better and make that body-mind connection even stronger.
5. Use the “Return to Life” section of this book to ease back after detox. Make sure to focus on what foods you don’t need or just want to introduce slowly.
This packet can guide you towards a plan afterwards. As you know, each person is uniquely different, so customize your next steps per your body, schedule, and lifestyle.
6.Use the BONUS recipes after your detox to keep the glow going. These recipes will also help you ease back into “regular life” without shocking your system.
Questions about detox…
Detox can be an amazing experience, but knowing the ins and outs of the process is so beneficial to a successful cleanse.
These questions have been compiled during my work with thousands of clients. You might be asking yourself some of these questions as you embark on this clean living adventure.
Make sure to refer to this section before you start your detox - and during - if concerns come up.