Friday, June 3, 2016

Follow Friday








Prompt of the week

What is your most interesting bookish memory or experience? - I Heart Reading

When I was young, I couldn't buy books, just don't have extra from my allowance. So books were borrowed either from the school library or from friends. The first time I bought book, I cried. I was so happy, I'd bring it with me everyday and read during breaks. I remember reading it everyday for months LOL Btw, it's a Sweet Dreams book (forgot the title, SD and Sweet Valley were popular those days for teens). I only had one for the rest of my high school days. College came, it was easier because my school is near Recto, Manila - aka Capital of Second Hand Books. For only P100.00 (around $2-3) I'd get 3-5 books. Heaven! Up until today, still buying second hand books. Book Sale's (store name) my favorite place, I can browse books there for hours! 

As a book blogger, the most memorable was the day I deleted a Penguin (!) review request. My heart stopped, thought I'd have heart attack. LOL 

How about yours? Happy Friday!

For newbies, to join the hop, 






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I don't think I ever bought a book myself until I was in college. My mother fed her reading habit well. I didn't even start going to our public library until late middle school, and it was few and far between in visits. It's a great feeling when you buy a new book, especially one you've really wanted to read.

Aizel Macaldo said...

I used to borrow books from friends too when I was in high school. Haha. I've been to Recto but never had a chance to shop in secondhand bookstores. Maybe I should go there some time in the future. :)

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about Sweet Valley books! They were some of my favorites :) I never had a big allowance so all of my books were borrowed, too. New GFC follower :)

My #FF

Alison Can Read said...

Late FF visit. Cool bookstore story. Why is Recto known as the capital of used books?

Bookingly Yours said...

Hi Alison, Recto is where there is a high concentration of schools in Manila. I think around 30 universities are situated in that area so there's abundance of bookstores there, mostly second hand books are from students like me. We sell our school books there every after sem LOL For some people, they go there just to exchange/swap their books.

Related Posts with Thumbnails