Saturday, February 18, 2012

Follow Friday


It's time for the weekly hop!! If you want to join the fun,
visit Alison Can Read  for the link.



Q: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What's the most unique character name you've come across?

A. I love unique names! Weeks ago I was discussing this with my friend, she's preggy and she's gathering unique names for the baby but there are those too unique that may pass being "weird" names. I guess if one finds it annoying, it's on the weird side.

 I recently finished reading this book, Discordia by Morgan Gallaway, about a demon who fell in love with a human. The main character in the story is named Astaroth. He is a demon then that's okay but if it is for human, that's irritatingly unique. The names (she was reincarnated twice) of the human girl  were also unique. Her first born name is Mona and from the original name, she became Muna and then finally Mana. That's interesting thought that a human when reincarnated, he/she would name after her original name.  

Another one is Faladan Fala, a newscaster or TV host from the book Petchy Maligula by Stan Carter.  While I was reading the book, there was a constant Christmas melody in my mind whenever the guy's name is mentioned. Who would name their child something like that? Even if it's only in the story, if it's annoyingly unique there's a chance I won't enjoy reading it. I don't know if it's just me, but really, too unique could make me stop reading a book. How about you?

3 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ahh yes, demon names can be very unique! I wonder where authors dig those names up!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Anonymous said...

That's a really unique character name! I've never heard of it before! New follower!

http://eileenlisblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-15.html

Debdatta Dasgupta said...

LOTR Series has a lot of weird names1

New NetworkedBlog Friend!

Love your Blog template!!!!

Here's a link to my latest 'Requested Review' Would love to know what you think about it:
http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in/2012/02/down-road-by-ahmed-faiyaz.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails