Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Follow Friday!! =)




It's time for the weekly hop!! If you want to join the fun, visit Alison Can Read  for the link.


Q: What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaption of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?


Vampire Academy and Mortal Instruments! I heard both series will be adapted into the big screen! I'm excited, I wanna see both series be turned into movies but at the same time worried much that they won't live up to the books. Characters are very very important to me. Especially in Vampire Academy, they need to get an actor who can play Dimitri, the bad ass guardian with the perfect Russian accent. Another thing that I'm worried about is the movie script. Some movies loosely follow the books being adapted. So it is equally important that they also get a good screenwriter (?) someone who knows how to make a movie script that will appeal to us book readers. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Mortal Instruments is my choice as well though I doubt it would as great as the book version. New follower via GFC :)

http://borneanbookworm.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature-follow-friday-april-13-2012.html

Lauren B said...

As I haven't read either of these series, the adaptation would probably be my only encounter with the story so it wouldn't bother me if it didn't live up to the book.

Here's my Friday Hop. Stop by if you get a chance.

Pocketful of Books said...

I haven't read The Mortal Instruments yet- it is sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to look its way...;-)

New Follower :-)

My FF: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/follow-friday_12.html

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I've never read either but I've seen this answer quite a bit as I'm hopping around. It makes me want to go and read them.

Doodle said...

I haven't read Vampire Academy yet. It's on my TBR. Thanks for stopping by!!

New follower!

Doodle @ Doodle's Book Blog

Patricia said...

I wouldn't want to see VA on screen either, though I think I wouldn't be able to help myself either and watch it anyway. Arrgh. XD

Patricia // My FF

Alishia said...

My ff is about Vampire Academy too. I would love to see the VA series as movies. I just hope that they capture the connection between Rose and Dimitri.

Happy reading :)

New follower

Here's my ff

Felicity Grace Terry said...

What a great question and one I'll have to think about. I haven't read either of the books you mention so can't really comment on them but I do agree that finding the right actor is so important.

Jaye said...

I agree with you on both! I don't see how it would even be possible to get the perfect actor to play Dimitri though. ):

New follower via GFC!
My FF :)

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'd be nervous about VA. Who could be Dimitri? No one.
My Hop

Michelle @ Book Briefs said...

I have seen a lot og TMI this week and i completely agree! I hope they do a good job with the movie, but i think it will be tough to live up to the books.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Im a new follower of yours :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just finished reading the first Vampire Academy book and, while I didn't love it, I can see why you'd be nervous about it becoming a movie. I'd find it hard to decide who to cast as Dimitri, same as I feel that casting Jace is going to be next to impossible. Who could fill such perfectly good looking shoes?

Related Posts with Thumbnails