Monday, November 7, 2011

Guest Author: Paul H. Magid


My novel, Lifting The Wheel Of Karma, is a profound spiritual journey of extraordinary healing and redemption, but it is also a modern tale that harkens back to the myths of antiquity, which is what I think makes it distinctive. It is also why I believe it is relevant to readers, because it taps into the mythical dimension that resonates deep within the collective unconscious of us all. 


Our lives are permeated and guided by forces that are beyond our control, forces more powerful than us, and very often with designs not of our choosing that will challenge and test us physically, emotionally, and spiritually.


My novel is the story of Joseph Connell, a gifted high school athlete from Montana, loved deeply by his family, yet tormented by nightmarish visions he can neither explain nor escape.


He believes the answer to what threatens to crush him can be found in the knowledge possessed by a mystical old wise man, who lives deep within the remote Himalayas of India.


If Joseph is ever to find the peace he so desperately seeks, he must get this wise old man to reveal what he truly knows, but that will not be easy...for this sage knows far more than he truly admits.


I started writing my debut novel, Lifting the Wheel of Karma, 25 years ago while still in high school. It took so long to complete because I tried repeatedly to abandon it, but the work refused to be forsaken. Eventually I realized that sharing this story with the world was, in fact, my Dharma –my duty in life. 




Along the way I have worked as a Wall Street financial analyst, a waiter (not a very good one), a Hollywood Agent Trainee, a real estate developer, a summer day camp director, an award winning screenwriter, and independent filmmaker—including my autobiographical film, “A Life Unfinished,” which screened in The Hamptons International Film Festival. 


Please visit my author’s website at: www.Paulhmagid.com 


Lifting the Wheel of Karma is available at Amazon 

1 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Thanks Paul for an interesting post, this sounds like a promising read, one I'll be sure to keep an eye out for.

Related Posts with Thumbnails