Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book Release: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris



DEADLOCKED


Release date: May 1, 2012
Sookie Stackhouse Book #12
Amazon Buy Link


With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.


Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.


Deadlocked is Sookie book #12. The author is now working on book #13, no title yet. Book #13 will be the last Sookie book. The END is near!! And I'm glad to hear about that!


I loved Sookie books until book 9 Dead and Gone. As for book #10, Dead in the Family, all I did was scan the book and didn't like it. Never even bothered to write a book review about it. Book #11 Dead Reckoning came, borrowed it from a friend and again took a quick look at it. Nah, nothing to like. Now I'm excited about Deadlocked. Why?? Look up! It's Bill and Sookie again!! I really hope Sookie ends up with Bill. 


Book covers: Initially I didn't like Sookie covers, all looked corny but if I were to choose between that cover above (UK) and this cover, I'd prefer the original Sookie book covers. This looks like Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake covers. Not good! So I hope the book available in our local bookstore would have the original cover, please not this one.


Oh by the way, chapters 1 and 2 were posted earlier this year, I've just read it. For those who haven't read them, linky linky below....


Chapter 1
Chapter 2

1 comments:

Canada said...

I enjoyed this book far more than I did the last several. It renewed my interest in the series and the character of Sookie herself. After treading water for some time the series finally seems to be moving forward. I've never been a fan of the Fae storyline but I liked the way it was handled in this book. I just hope the little buggers stay put! And Sookie seems to have come full circle. She's on her own for much of the book, just as she was in the beginning of the series. But there's one big difference. Sookie has carved out a place for herself in the human world. She's helping to run a business and she earns a decent living. She has friends; real friends who like her for who she is, not what she can do for them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails