Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Book Review: Siren's Fury (The Storm Siren Trilogy) by Mary Weber





Siren's Fury 
(The Storm Siren Trilogy) 
by Mary Weber



Series: The Storm Siren Trilogy (Book 2)
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (June 2, 2015)

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (February 2, 2016)

Kindle Edition
File Size: 1781 KB
Print Length: 364 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (June 2, 2015)
Publication Date: June 2, 2015
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

Audible Edition
Listening Length: 10 hours and 23 minutes
Version: Unabridged
Audible.com Release Date: June 2, 2015

Ratings: see review below

Note: I received a review copy of this book free from BookLookBloggers. The review posted below is based on my personal thoughts while reading the book.

My thoughts:

Siren's Fury is the second book to the Storm Siren Trilogy.  Unfortunately, I don't read a book series out of sequence because I hate not knowing the back story of each and every character. Since I was the one who picked this out from the publisher's website, I had to read it. So I tried, but only 'til the first quarter. I just can't push myself in reading further as I cannot connect with any of the character. Although this is a DNF, I am not rating Siren's Fury for now. Will read again after reading book 1, which is already in my wish list.

About the book:

“I thrust my hand toward the sky as my voice begs the Elemental inside me to waken and rise. But it’s no use. The curse I’ve spent my entire life abhorring—the thing I trained so hard to control—no longer exists.”

Nym risked her life to save Faelen, her homeland, from a losing war, only to discover that the shapeshifter Draewulf has stolen everything she holds dear. But when the repulsive monster robs Nym of her storm-summoning abilities as well, the beautiful Elemental realizes her war is only just beginning.

Now powerless to control the elements that once emboldened her, Nym stows away on an airship traveling to the metallic kingdom of Bron. She must stop Draewulf. But the horrors he’s brought to life and the secrets of Bron are more than Nym bargained for. Then the disturbing Lord Myles tempts her with new powers that could destroy the monster, and Nym must decide whether she can compromise in the name of good even if it costs her very soul.

As she navigates the stark industrial cityscape of Bron, Nym is faced with an impossible choice: change the future with one slice of a blade . . . or sacrifice the entire kingdom for the one thing her heart just can’t let go.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails