Saturday, December 5, 2015

Recommended Read : Pride's Run by Cat Kalen



Lately, I've been into re-reading old books. It seems that I now have little interest in reading new ones. Okay, I'm still looking out for new books though the urge to actually purchase one isn't as strong as when I started to book blog (9 years counting from multiply.com).  

So, while I am into re-reading, it might be good to feature old books from my my 5/4-star book shelf. Hopefully, my recommendations may help readers looking for a good read this holiday!  

My first recommended read is Pride's Run (December 2013) by Cat Kalen. This is actually a book series, got a free copy from the author. Surprisingly, I haven't read the second Pride Unleashed (July 2015) and third Pride Pursuit (October 2015) books, hmm a bit unusual for me not to follow a book series I loved. I'm definitely including this in my holiday reads!


Pride's Run
by Cat Kalen

Amazon Ratings: 5 star - 62%

About the book:

Eighteen-year-old Pride is a tracker with a hunger for blood. Taught to trick, seduce and to lure, she is the perfect killing machine. 

Kept leashed in the cellar by a master who is as ruthless as he is powerful, Pride dreams of freedom, of living a normal life, but escape from the compound is near impossible and disobedience comes with a price.

When she learns her master intends to breed her she knows she has to run.

Pride soon learns if she is to survive in the wild, she must trust in the boy who promises her freedom, the same boy she was sent to hunt.

Book Review (originally posted on Dec 2011, released on Dec 2013):

Pride and the whole pack of wolves are living in captivity of a cruel master for many years. She dreams of freedom not only for herself but also for the whole pack. She spends her days thinking of ways to escape and find the compassionate pack of wolves that allegedly roam free in Canada. When she's about to escape, she learns that their master is planning on mating her with Stone, the alpha wolf of their pack. He became too cold and dominating alpha to her and the whole pack after their master broke him. Their master believes Pride is too wild and the only way to tame her is motherhood.

Their master has one more task for her before the mating and she is determined to escape once she's out doing her task. The task is to track Logan, a shifter like her, and bring back to her master unharmed. When she found Logan, it turns out that he's one of them and he has escaped their master. Logan promises her freedom and together they set out to find the compassionate pack of wolves who can set their pack free from their master.

I loved this book! The first few pages were a little slow with long narrative paragraphs and very little dialogue but it quickly picks up right after Pride's first match with Stone, the alpha wolf she's supposed to be mated with. The book becomes a page turner when Pride has finally escaped her master. I really liked Pride's personality and yum yum, Logan is one HOT werewolf. He's an alpha but with a heart. There are a lot of twists in the story, it was sooo g000d! This will definitely be included in my re-reading list... 

Pride's Run is the best book #1 I've read this year and I look forward to reading the next installment. Highly recommended for readers and bloggers looking for a great series to start. 


Purchase your copy :

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails