Saturday, October 9, 2010

Movie: Resident Evil: Afterlife

RESIDENT EVIL: AFTER LIFE

Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson
Stars: Milla Jovovich
           Ali Larter
           Wentworth Miller



Ratings:

★ ★ ★ 


My thoughts:

Resident Evil : Afterlife is the fourth installment in the series of film adaptations of the horror video game series Resident Evil. The movie was directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

I am a big fan of the first three RE movies and I can't believe that they made the fourth one like this. The acting and visuals were great but the story wasn't good. If you're not familiar with the RE movies, you will not enjoy Afterlife. There's really no connection at all with the first three and I was so disappointed with it. They introduced some characters, Chris Redfield - brother of Claire Redfield (Ally Larter)  like there was some great big secret to that guy but at the end of the movie, I kept on thinking what was the connection of that new guy to the story. I don't know, the director should have provided a little background or maybe if he's just introducing the guy for the 5th one (yes, there will be a 5th movie to this RE series), he should have just introduced him before the movie ends.

The weakest movie of all four, I'm glad I didn't watch this in 3D (husband wanted to watch in 3D but we were an hour late). Bottomline, if you love the first three RE, watch this movie but if not, just go see another movie for you will be lost in this, I guarantee you.

About the movie:

"In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice, continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead - and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap." (http://movies.yahoo.com) 


2 comments:

Natasha said...

Great review! I really liked this movie. It wasn't great for horror, but good for action.
If your interested, here's my review for this:
http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/09/review-resident-evil-afterlife-in-real.html

Cozy in Texas said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good review. I hadn't heard about Resident Evil. Always good to find out about new books even if they're not in the genre that I usually read.
Ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails