Saturday, May 28, 2016

Recommended Read : Nickels by Karen Baney






Nickels
by Karen Baney



Amazon 5-star Ratings: 54%

About the book:

Niki Turner has finally arrived. Her career as a Software Engineer is soaring—she has just been offered the company’s most sought after account, Helitronics. Life would be perfect, if she could stop her roommate from playing matchmaker.


Then Kyle Jacobs mysteriously re-enters her life. As painful memories resurface, his presence turns her life upside down and threatens to waylay her career. She must find a way to work with him—after all, he’s the helicopter flight consultant for the new flight control system she’s coding.


Can she forget the past and see him as the new man he has become? Or will her resentment keep her from finding what she has always been searching for?


Book Review originally posted in February 2012

Niki Turner has been hurt in the past, lost her parents to an accident and God also took her brother a few years after the accident. This is the main reason why she doesn't want to keep anyone close to her heart. She is afraid of meeting other people simply because she might lose them too. 

She wants nothing from other people and then she found herself working with Kyle Jacobs, Marcy's (Niki's best friend) brother. Niki is attracted to Kyle but she fears any romantic relationship with him won't last so she's shutting him out. However, Kyle is determined to win her heart. 

At first, I didn't feel any connection with the main character, Niki Turner. I was kind of annoyed with her attitude although I was really trying my best to understand her situation. When Kyle Jacobs appears in the story, I began to like Niki. I began to understand her situation. Kyle is one sweet guy and I liked him instantly. He is also carrying a not-so-good past but I'm glad it didn't take too long for him to realize that digging up the past does no good. I enjoyed reading the story. Though there's one more thing I just couldn't believe in the story. When Niki's brother died, Kyle didn't know about it! It's just unbelievable because Kyle's sister is Niki's best friend! And to think that more than eight years has passed and Marcy never told her brother about it??

All in all, Nickels is a sweet story of trusting and finding love again. I found it a good Christian novel though I think it is "too clean" for my taste.  If you want a "hard core" Christian novel, you might one to pick up this book. 



Purchase your copy


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails