Saturday, May 7, 2016

Recommended Read: Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley





Sweet Dreams
Colorado Series Book #2
by Kristen Ashley





Amazon Ratings: 5-star 74%

About the book:

Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn’t know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers. But she learned the hard way that special wasn’t on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.


Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.


Tate’s angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn’t want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.


Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn’t a bartender, he’s a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn’t speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.


Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate. As secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, and Lauren tries to find her inner biker babe.


Book Review originally posted in February 2014

Shoooot! I soooo love this book! After reading Motorcycle Man, I thought I found my favorite hero (in KA's world) when I met Tack. Nyay... Now that I've read this book, oh boy, I've been day-(and night) dreaming Tate since day 1 and still, his voice is stuck in my head. It wouldn't go away. . . so sweet, so bad-ass... my Tate!

Tatum Jackson, an ex-cop, ex-football player, part-time bartender, part-time bounty-hunter, full-time sweet lover! Love his idea of giving sweet dreams to his partner. I want Sweet Dreams too!

Laurie, the woman who has Tate's heart. Damn...you are one lucky woman! Share Tate with me! Just one night please!

Tate, like Tack, is a bad-ass-super-hawt-daddy. Love Tate, Jonas and Laurie's family time. Most of the family bonding scenes are funny, I was giggling like a school girl while reading this. Story and writing - I have to be honest here though. The book has some typo errors, needs professional editing but the plot, characters and witty dialogue were really really good, so the typos didn't matter much to me.

And of course, the epilogue, the HEA! This is the reason why I want to read KA's books. I love happy endings. Sweet Dreams is the second book to  the Colorado Mountain series. Wanna start other books in this series soon....


Purchase your copy

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails