Thursday, May 19, 2011

Movie Review: I Am Number Four


I AM NUMBER FOUR

Director: D. J. Caruso
Stars: Alex Pettyfer
           Timothy Olyphant
           Dianna Agron
           Teresa Palmer

Ratings:

★ ★ ★





My thoughts:

This is a movie adaptation of the best-selling novel of the same title by Pittacus Lore (pseudonym for James Frey and Jobie Hughes).  Let me start this review by saying the following:

(1) Four is hawt! Four is so hawt! Four is sooo hawt!  I'm trying to recall where I've seen this guy but my mind couldn't process anything right now. He is soo hot! (okay enough!) 
(2) I loved Six, she was sooo coool! I totally enjoyed her appearance in this movie. 

I've watched this film twice and I've been thinking yah know. I thought this movie was great at first. I was supposed to give this film four stars but now I have four reasons why I had to take out 1 star up there. 

(1) I haven't read the book so I don't really know if the movie followed the book. The plot of the movie adaptation would have been great if the director provided more information about the story of the aliens and their powers. Maybe a flashback? Please tell me, why do the Mogadorians wanted to kill (in order) One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, and Nine (sorry, just got carried away...) and what about Sam's father? Maybe the sequel (The Power of Six) will provide answers to those questions but those information should be in this film! 

(2) Four is an alien but his main problem is high school life? Yay, high school drama in an alien movie? 

(3) Romance + dialogue = cheesy. Is this an alien movie or what? I agree with one of the reviewers that it was more like a Twilight movie than an action alien film. And lastly;

(4) I was not impressed with the fight scenes. It was really boring. I was glad that Six came and saved the day!

Overall, it would have been fantastic if this film was not as vague as it was. I would recommend you watch this film closer to the sequel's release in August 2011 so you won't be left hanging because of the lack of details in this film.

About the movie:

Extraordinary teen John Smith (Pettyfer) is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events-his first love (Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny.





1 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Not a novel or film I'm familiar with, thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails