Sunday, August 15, 2010

Movie: The Expendables



The Expendables
 
Ratings:

★ ★ ★

My thoughts:

This is an action-war movie directed by Sylvester Stallone and this is about a group of highly-trained Mercenaries, called The Expendables. Their main mission is to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator.


It was a great HARD action movie and a must watch for every man out there.
I enjoyed the movie but it was not a date movie girls. So don't say I didn't warn you. However, if you want to make your boyfriend or husband happy, go watch it. Well it has funny moments, I liked it a lot when the boys are making fun of each other and i love their names, especially Christmas.


One thing I find in this movie so funny was the love story (if that's what you call a love story) in it. Imagine, these Mercenaries could kill easily but have soft spot in their hearts and i think i saw someone cry in this movie because of a girl, or maybe i'm hallucinating because I was busy "texting" haha.

So hurry, watch watch watch!


Note:


I just read in the news today that Van Damme was supposed to be included in this movie but he declined. Here's why:


Why Was Jean-Claude Van Damme Deemed Expendable for 'The Expendables'?






10 comments:

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) said...

I enjoyed your review! I do not like hard action films so I'll steer clear of this one. Actually, most of my movie watching is restricted to Jane Austen remakes and all-time favorites (like Juno and The Notebook). It takes a lot to make me actually go to the theater---I haven't even seen Eclipse yet (much to the chagrin of my blogging partner in crime, Natalie).

E.J. Stevens said...

Jason Stratham AND Jet Li in one film? Yumm, numm, numm...I'll have to watch this one. ;)

I'm now following your blog.
xx,
E.J
From the Shadows

Kittie Howard said...

Hopping over from Emma's Blog Hop. I'm now following your blog. Have a great weekend.

....Petty Witter said...

Hello and many thanks for visiting me over at Pen and Paper, it's been nice meeting you.

I quite like S.S (loved the Rocky films, hated Rambo)but feel this is probably one Husband dearest will be watching by himself - at least at the cinema, I dare say if we had it on DVD I'd watch it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Historical Writer/Editor said...

It has a good lineup. My husband saw it and liked it. I had to work when he went.

Tina (Book Couture) said...

Hey! I'm from the blog hop.

Your blog is wonderful, and so is this post! Never seen the movie, but now I might. I'm looking forward to reading more from you, so I've newly followed. ;)

Hope you have a lovely Friday!
●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬▬●

Lesa said...

New Follower. Saying hi and be sure to check out my weekly meme Book Review of the Week

-->http://endofstorynextbook.blogspot.com/p/brotw_01.html

Emily said...

I actually just saw Rocky IV for the first time this past week and my dearly beloved said that this movie was supposed to be good. I'm glad you thought so too!

I'm stopping by from Follow my Blog at Parajunkee.com, I hope you have a great weekend!

Emily
What Book is That?

Anaiz said...

My brother and dad both wanted to see this one, it's totally not my thing. Great review :D

Burciko said...

Hi! Thanks for linking in mybloghop! I follow you now!;) Great review indeed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails