Friday, November 2, 2012

Follow Friday



It's time for the weekly hop!! If you want to join the fun, visit Alison Can Read  for the link.

Q: What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing?

Never ending introduction is bad, long narrative paragraphs with very little dialogue is too bad. That would make me stop reading the book. I also can't deal with too many characters.  I've read something in the past with more than 10 characters, they all have names and then it turned out they are not needed in the story like somewhere in the middle, they are killed and then after finishing the book I realized there's no significance whether they live or not.

I hate to stop reading a book, makes me feel bad but if it didn't catch my attention past the first quarter of the story, then I can't do anything about it. I will definitely put down the book - forever.

How about you? Happy Friday!!!

13 comments:

Shakira said...

New follower please follow back at www.bookblogandstuff.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks

Alisa Selene said...

Totally agree, I find all of those aspects annoying.
New follower via GFC!
FF

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Ooohhh I agree with the very little dialogue! There is only so much one can speak in their head without it getting a bit annoying. :/

New Follower via GFC. Would love for you to stop by blog and check it out and follow back if you could. :)

Christine
Rainy Day Reads
www.rainydayreads.com

Daphne said...

Aggg I hate books with never ending intros as well. It just makes the story drag. I also can't stand having too many characters mentioned at once, especially if they have similar names that I can never remember! New Follower!

Here's my #FF

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Good points! A book definitely has to be engaging, although I find myself always willing to give book 1 the benefit of the doubt. But if by its end if I am not hooked, it's a no go for the rest of the series!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Brooke (Readers In Wonderland) said...

Nice thinking on the long paragraphs, I forgot about that even though it bothers me so much. And the character thing can be ridiculous sometimes; a lot of the times they never show up again yet we know their whole life story.

New follow.
Alise - My FF Post

Liesel K. Hill said...

Great answers! I agree. New follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

AP said...

I hate to DNF a book but sometimes it is just necessary!

New follower via network blogs

-Amanda P
Paranormal Romance

Anna said...

I hate when there are too many characters! It's like the author is just trying to have fun at your expense! :) New follower, check me out at:

http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2012/11/follow-me-friday-14.html

Unknown said...

I agree - get to the first plot point, please! :)

New follow via GFC.

Julie~ New Adult Addiction

Between the Bind said...

Thanks so much for the follow Jenalynne! :) Love that we have similar names. :))

**Newest GFC follower**

And I hate not finishing a book either. Makes me feel cruddy. I've only not finished ONE book and I still have the intention of reading it someday...:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! Never introduction is a good one~

New follower,
Cindy @ http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I once read a book with two prologues.. it was so freaking weird!

New follower :D Here's my FFF

Related Posts with Thumbnails