Saturday, November 10, 2012

Guest Author: Daniel Clausen


The Ghosts of Nagasaki: 
5 Reasons Why Bookingly Yours Readers Should Order a Pre-Release Copy

I have to admit that sometimes I feel a lot like a used car salesman. I walk up to you with my broad smile and say to you: “What will it take to put you in one of these books today?” 

Actually, when it comes down to it, I think there are five reasons you should check out the book: 

1) Just as advertised the book has ghosts, and the book takes place in Nagasaki—so no false advertising. 
2) You’ll be reading it before your friends are reading it, so that makes you cooler than them. 
3) The book has fewer calories than regular Dr. Pepper. 
4) It’s written in English. I speak English, you speak English, this really is a win-win situation, folks. (Car salesman’s toothy laugh). 
5) You’ll have one grateful author on your hands. 

All joking aside, I greatly appreciate your interest in the book.

The book will be released on December 8, 2012. Before then, if you would like to order a pre-release copy for 15 dollars you can contact me at lexicalfunk@gmail.com

In addition, if you would like to review a pdf copy of the book for Goodreads, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, or your blog, you can contact me at lexicalfunk@gmail.com

I will be happy to provide you with a pdf copy, do a guest blog post, or play Spanish guitar (okay, I can’t really play Spanish guitar). 

Summary of The Ghosts of Nagasaki:


The numerous workdays have taken a toll on Tokyo investment banker, Pierce Williams. Each day he wakes up, and each day the weight where his heart should be grows heavier. One morning, without knowing why, he sits down at his desk and begins typing something. Soon he realizes that without meaning to he has begun typing the story of his first days in Nagasaki four years ago. As he types he begins to realize that the words on his screen are more than he could have imagined. Instead of simply remembering the past he is reliving it in ways that fundamentally alter his present. In his manic writing are the ghosts of his past, a chilling vision of his future, and the possible key to his salvation. Somehow he must solve the mystery of four years ago. A mystery that involves ayoung Japanese girl, the ghost of a native writer, and an oppressive bureaucrat/samurai bent on crushing his spirit. 

Daniel Clausen’s fiction has been published in Slipstream Magazine, Zygote in my Coffee, Leading Edge Magazine, and Spindrift, among other venues. 

Website: ghostsofnagasaki.com

1 comments:

Nancy Madore said...

Aaaah, the trials of trying to sell your books! I know it well. I've never tried the car sales approach ('what will it take to put you in this book?'). I love it. This is the funniest post about this I've read yet. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails